ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Vladimir Ozerov <voze...@gridgain.com>
Subject Merge small test suites into one big suite.
Date Tue, 27 Sep 2016 12:25:42 GMT
Igniters,

Currently we have about 60-70 test suites on Team City. When I look at
results I see this:

Ignite 150 Clients -> 1 test -> 6m
Ignite AWS -> 10 tests -> 11m
Ignite GCE -> 1 test -> 3m
Ignite Geospacial Indexing -> 11 tests -> 4m
Ignite IGFS Examples -> 1 test -> 3m
Ignite Logging -> 1 test -> 3m

Etc.

It is natural to split tests by their modules. But in this case we spend
most of the time on compiling the project over and over again just to run
several tests. It consumes lots of TeamCity resources. Both CPU for
compilation, and disk for logs.

I think we can safely merge all these tine suites into one single suite and
call it "Ignite Integrations". This will save us a lot of time.

Note that I mean not each and every integration module, but only modules
where we have no more than a 1-2 dozens of tests.

Thoughts?

Vladimir.