ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Denis Magda <dma...@gridgain.com>
Subject Re: Interested in Apache Ignite Contributions
Date Tue, 09 Aug 2016 23:32:20 GMT
Hi Patrick,

Thanks for showing interest in making Apache Ignite better! I do believe that the skills you
have let you dive in and get to know Ignite much faster.

I’ve added you to the contributors list in JIRA. So for now you can assign a ticket you
want to take over on yourself.

> We would like to start by expanding the test coverage to include test cases that (force)
kill JVMs and assert that the data in the grid is intact and correct.

Ignite already has bunch of such tests that are aggregated in suites named IgniteCacheFailoverTestSuite{N}.
I would suggest investigating existed tests first and add additional ones if needed.

—
Denis

> On Aug 9, 2016, at 1:35 PM, Patrick Peralta <patrick.peralta@workday.com> wrote:
>
> Hello list!
>
> I am Patrick Peralta, a developer at Workday. We are in the process of adopting Ignite
and we are interested in joining the community and offering contributions to the project!

> We would like to start by expanding the test coverage to include test cases that (force)
kill JVMs and assert that the data in the grid is intact and correct.

> A little about me: I have previously worked on Oracle Coherence, Spring XD, and various
Spring Cloud Projects. I’ve also worked with Pivotal GemFire and Apache ZooKeeper.

> According to the contribution guidelines<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/IGNITE/How+to+Contribute>
I should ask this list for contributor access to JIRA - my username is pperalta.