ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Valentin Kulichenko <valentin.kuliche...@gmail.com>
Subject Shared memory communication and recovery
Date Mon, 15 Aug 2016 21:38:25 GMT
Folks,

It's a know fact that shared memory communication doesn't work well and can
cause various issues under load and in case of node failures. In my
understanding the main reason for that the recovery mechanism are not
properly applied in this case, but there can be other issues as well.

However, we still have this option, and moreover it's enabled by default.

In my opinion we should do something with this in 2.0. We can either
completely remove shared memory from communication SPI, or disable it by
default, or fix it. Does anyone knows what kind of effort is needed to do
the latter? Semyon or Yakov, can you comment on this?

-Val