ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Denis Magda <dma...@apache.org>
Subject [ANNOUNCE] Apache Ignite 1.7.0 Released
Date Sat, 27 Aug 2016 00:08:45 GMT
The Apache Ignite Community is pleased to announce the release of Apache Ignite 1.7.0.

Apache Ignite In-Memory Data Fabric [1] is a high-performance, integrated and distributed
in-memory platform for computing and transacting on large-scale data sets in real-time, orders
of magnitude faster than possible with traditional disk-based or flash-based technologies.

The Fabric is a collection of independent and well integrated components some of which are
the following:
Advance Clustering
Data Grid
Compute Grid
Streaming & CEP
Service Grid

Apache Ignite 1.7.0 incorporates many improvements and bug fixes that are listed in the release
notes [2].

Among the changes we have the one that we’re proud of and happy to tell the world about
- the non-collocated distributed SQL joins [3]. This feature opens new horizons for Apache
Ignite allowing its users executing the whole range of imaginable SQL queries covering all
the possible and tricky use cases. You can read more details about this in the following blog
post:
http://dmagda.blogspot.com/2016/08/big-change-in-apache-ignite-17-welcome.html <http://dmagda.blogspot.com/2016/08/big-change-in-apache-ignite-17-welcome.html>

If you’re ready to make your hands dirty with Apache Ignite 1.7.0 then the downloads of
source and binary distributions as well as Maven artifacts' versions are listed in the following
download section:
https://ignite.apache.org/download.cgi <https://ignite.apache.org/download.cgi>

Please let us know [4] if you encounter any problems.

Regards,

The Apache Ignite Community

[1] https://ignite.apache.org <https://ignite.apache.org/>
[2] https://github.com/apache/ignite/blob/master/RELEASE_NOTES.txt <https://github.com/apache/storm/blob/v1.0.2/CHANGELOG.md>