ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Denis Magda <dma...@gridgain.com>
Subject Re: PR for EntryProcessor/partition event test
Date Tue, 30 Aug 2016 15:28:41 GMT
Hi Patrick,

Please move IGNITE-3789 to ‘PATCH_AVAILABLE’ state. Someone from the community will take
care of the review.

In regards to the failing test like the one below
> http://149.202.210.143:8111/viewLog.html?buildId=306617&tab=buildResultsDiv&buildTypeId=IgniteTests_IgniteCache3
<http://149.202.210.143:8111/viewLog.html?buildId=306617&tab=buildResultsDiv&buildTypeId=IgniteTests_IgniteCache3>you
can ignore it since it’s explicitly being failed with failed(…) call. I muted this test
on TC using Investigate/Mute menu that pops up when you focus on the dropdown arrow that is
to the right from the failed ticket name.

—
Denis

> On Aug 26, 2016, at 1:37 PM, Patrick Peralta <patrick.peralta@workday.com> wrote:
>
> Hello list!
>
> I’ve submitted PR 997 (https://github.com/apache/ignite/pull/997/files) for IGNITE-3789
(https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-3789). This is a series of tests that are targeted
towards behavior related to EntryProcessor execution while partitions are in flight. I believe
this is a test case for IGNITE-3456 (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-3456).

> As you can see in TeamCity (http://149.202.210.143:8111/viewLog.html?buildId=306617&tab=buildResultsDiv&buildTypeId=IgniteTests_IgniteCache3)
the test (predictably) does not pass.

> My question is - how do we go about submitting a PR that includes a test that fails for
a known issue? Should I comment out the fail() invocation with a TODO pointing to the JIRA?