ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Anton Vinogradov ...@apache.org>
Subject JetBrains Annotaions usage.
Date Thu, 28 Jul 2016 08:09:17 GMT
Igniters,

As you may know we had only 2 dependencies at ignite-core: jcache and
ignite-shmen.

IGNITE-3323 Get rid of copypasted JB annotations, use dependency instead.
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-3323> brings one more
dependency to org.jetbrains.annotations.
This solves problems for people using JB annotations at their projects. but
makes ignite-core less dependency-lightweight.

JB annotaions are used to highlight null problems in IDE and provide some
understanding to users on whether null is allowed/possible in concrete
place. I doubt other products/frameworks use it much.

But, do we really need them? As for me, we can replace all these
annotations by asserts.

I propose to discontinue usage of jb annotation and replace them by asserts.

Thoughts?