ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Igor Rudyak <irud...@gmail.com>
Subject Ignite monitoring
Date Wed, 13 Jul 2016 19:45:20 GMT
Hi guys,

While experimenting with large Ignite clusters I found that lack of
monitoring is rather critical problem. I know that Ignite provides number
of JMX MBeans to monitor custom metrics in addition to host system metrics
(CPU, IO, RAM, ....). The problem is, there are no out of the box solution
to monitor all this.

Thus you have to manually setup some kind of monitoring tool like Graphite,
Grafana, Ganglia and etc. Which involves setting up monitoring agents on
all the nodes, uploading JMX agent on all the nodes, selecting appropriate
metrics from the plenty of JMX MBeans and preparing config files, tuning
Ignite shell scripts to include "java agent" in java launch command. Lots
of work and pain, each time you want to create new Ignite cluster.

Probably it makes sense to have all these out of the box, by slightly
modifying existing and providing additional shell scripts, to bootstrap all
monitoring infrastructure?

Igor Rudyak