ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Alexey Kuznetsov <akuznet...@gridgain.com>
Subject Implement collecting what SQL statements executed on cluster and their metrics.
Date Thu, 07 Jul 2016 13:41:19 GMT
Hi, All!

I'm working on issue "Implement collecting what SQL statements executed on
cluster and their metrics" [1]

For now I'm investigating code and have following questions:

1) We have different types of queries:  GridCacheQueryType: SPI, SCAN, SQL,
SQL_FIELDS, TEXT, SET
Should I implement collecting metrics for ALL of them?
Or for example I could collect:
   SCAN: cache name
   SQL: type name + SQL clauseю
   SQL_FIELDS: SQL statement text
   TEXT: type + searched string

What I could collect for SPI and SET query types? Or I may ignore them?

2) What metrics I could collect? For now I could collect per query:
  Number of executions.
  Number of failures.
  Duration.
Is there something else I could collect?

3) Configuration.
  Should we have this feature configured per cache or globally on
IgniteConfiguration?
  Should this feature be ON or OFF by default?
  How many items I could collect by default? 100? 1000?

Any comments are welcome.

------

Alexey Kuznetsov