ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Semyon Boikov <sboi...@gridgain.com>
Subject Re: Apache Ignite - New Release
Date Wed, 27 Jul 2016 06:09:25 GMT
Regarding distributed join testsing: we added tests verifying correct join
behavior and correct execution plan generation for various SQL queries,
tests for joins for various cache types (different number of backups,
partitioned/replicated), there are tests verifying correct distributed
joins results on changing topology with nodes restarts. Also we added
benchmarks which will be used to verify that there are no performance
degradation in this functionality between releases. These benchmarks were
executed on real clusters, and in next few days we are going to run more
load tests.

On Fri, Jul 22, 2016 at 5:39 PM, Dmitriy Setrakyan <dsetrakyan@apache.org>
wrote:

> On Fri, Jul 22, 2016 at 7:10 AM, Semyon Boikov <sboikov@gridgain.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > Today I merged into master 'distributed join' implementation -
> > https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-1232 (thanks to Sergi, he
> > implemented this feature). I think this together with recent bugfixes
> worth
> > 1.7 release. Do you think we can cut off 1.7 release branch from master?
> >

> Great news. Can you describe that amount of testing we did for this
> feature?
>

> > Thanks
> >

> > On Thu, Jul 21, 2016 at 7:47 PM, Alexandre Boudnik <
> > alexander.boudnik@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > Sorry, I missed the typo:
> > > To support the point, I would add that PosgreSQL has demonstrated the
> > > similar behavior (inspired by unix .dot files and ls):
> > > - they have "hidden" column: xmin and xmax in any table
> > > - they do not appear in select * list unless they are specified
> > explicitly
> > > Take care,
> > > Alexandre "Sasha" Boudnik
> > >
> > > call me via Google Voice: