ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Dmitriy Setrakyan <dsetrak...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Implement collecting what SQL statements executed on cluster and their metrics.
Date Mon, 25 Jul 2016 22:37:16 GMT
My comments are below...

On Thu, Jul 7, 2016 at 9:41 AM, Alexey Kuznetsov <akuznetsov@gridgain.com>
wrote:

> Hi, All!
>
> I'm working on issue "Implement collecting what SQL statements executed on
> cluster and their metrics" [1]
>
> For now I'm investigating code and have following questions:
>
> 1) We have different types of queries:  GridCacheQueryType: SPI, SCAN, SQL,
> SQL_FIELDS, TEXT, SET
> Should I implement collecting metrics for ALL of them?
> Or for example I could collect:
>    SCAN: cache name
>    SQL: type name + SQL clauseю
>    SQL_FIELDS: SQL statement text
>    TEXT: type + searched string
>
> What I could collect for SPI and SET query types? Or I may ignore them?

I would implement stat gathering for all the known ones. SPI is user
defined type, so  I am not sure if we can provide useful stats there.

Can anyone chime in and describe what SET is for? Sergi, do you know?

> 2) What metrics I could collect? For now I could collect per query:
>   Number of executions.
>   Number of failures.
>   Duration.
> Is there something else I could collect?

The metrics you selected look like a good starting point. I would also add
execution plan to it, if possible.

> 3) Configuration.
>   Should we have this feature configured per cache or globally on
> IgniteConfiguration?
>   Should this feature be ON or OFF by default?
>   How many items I could collect by default? 100? 1000?

How about both? There should be a global setting which can be overridden on
per-cache basis.