ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Denis Magda <dma...@gridgain.com>
Subject Re: IGNITE-2795
Date Thu, 07 Jul 2016 10:32:21 GMT
I would say that, yes, we should make copyOnRead flag consistent across all cache ‘get’
like operations. However we need to make sure that the copy is not created in the following
cases

- server node mustn’t create a copy if a result set will be transferred to a remote node;
- client node or other remote node mustn’t create a copy after it receives the result set
from the other node.

All this means that the copy has to be created if:
- node (server) executes local queries or iterates over local data set;
- client does the same executing queries or iterating over its local cache.
- in my understanding, in OFF_HEAP mode in doesn’t make sense to make a copy in any case
since Java heap already has a copy of data from off heap. However this part must be clarified
by someone else from the community.

Would you mind covering this scenarios in the tests and implementation?

Igniters, other thoughts on this?

—
Denis