ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Sergey Kozlov <skoz...@gridgain.com>
Subject HTTP Rest API: increment/decrement or append/prepend are candidates to deprecate?
Date Mon, 20 Jun 2016 13:23:51 GMT
Hi Igniters

I've reviewed the API <http://apacheignite.gridgain.org/docs/rest-api> for
HTTP Rest provided by Ignite and have a question: do we really need some
commands which cover the particular cases of value type like
increment/decrement (value is integer) or append/prepend (value is string).
Moreover last pair of commands actually don't work (ticket
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-945> has been filed by me a
year ago!).
Such commands helps to test Rest but they're away from real use cases.

I suppose they could be marked as deprecated for 1.7 and removed for 1.8.
Any such operation should be implemented via SQL level.

Thoughts?

--
Sergey Kozlov
GridGain Systems