ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Alexey Goncharuk <alexey.goncha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to get the configuration of a given cache in Apache Ignite?
Date Fri, 24 Jun 2016 21:41:35 GMT
Hi,

As Andrey pointed out, now you can grab an expiry policy factory from
Ignite's cache configuration, create an instance and get durations you
need. I agree that this way a bit awkward and it only covers a configured
ExpiryPolicy, currently there is no way to check if an instance of
IgniteCache was created using withExpiryPolicy() method.

I think it should be ok to add getExpiryPolicy() on IgniteCache which will
return a configured expiry policy (possibly null) if this is a default
cache instance, and user-specified expiry policy if cache instance was
created using withExpiryPolicy().

Cross-posting this to Ignite dev list to see what dev community thinks.
‚Äč