ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Denis Magda <dma...@gridgain.com>
Subject Re: Change rest-http Java to JSON null transformation logic
Date Thu, 16 Jun 2016 09:51:00 GMT
This looks strange. Definitely for consistency reasons it makes sense that all ‘null’ objects
including string are serialized as “null”.

In regards to the compatibility stuff I think it can be resolved somehow.

—
Denis

> On Jun 16, 2016, at 12:15 PM, Alexey Kuznetsov <akuznetsov@gridgain.com> wrote:
>
> Hi All!
>
> I'm working on migrating from outdated json-lib to Jackson issue IGNITE-3277 [1] and
found that previous library serialize null strings as "" and null objects as "null", for example:
> {"a": "", "b": null}
>
> How about to serialize all values as "null" ?
> In this case we would definitely know that in Java before serialization to JSON was really
NULL, not empty string.