ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Alexey Kuznetsov <akuznet...@gridgain.com>
Subject Re: Halfway to Ignite 1.6
Date Wed, 18 May 2016 09:59:41 GMT
I do one more review of IGNITE-1371 (
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-1371),
 fixed minor problems (like missing ASF headers and typos) and merged into
ignite-1.6.

But we need:
 1) Create issue for refactoring of serializers as I mentioned in JIRA
comment.
 2) Create a test suite and configure it to run on ci.ignite.apache.org
 3) Describe how this module could be manually tested.

On Wed, May 18, 2016 at 8:54 AM, Dmitriy Setrakyan <dsetrakyan@apache.org>
wrote:

> Cos, I agree that it would be nice to merge IGNITE-1371
> <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-1371>. However, if there are
> more fixes and review comments, I would schedule it for the next release. I
> guess Alexey, Anton, and Igor and better judges on it. Guys, can you please
> comment?
>
> As it was noted in another thread, we are way overdue for this release and
> it already has plenty of new features and bug fixes. Let’s hope that we can
> close out everything in PATCH_AVAILABLE status soon and send it out for a
> vote.
>
> D.
>
> On Tue, May 17, 2016 at 5:20 PM, Konstantin Boudnik <cos@apache.org>
> wrote:
>
> > You can still talk about the release even if it is in the final stages.
> > What
> > would be unfortunate is to miss some of the good features (like
> > IGNITE-1371)
> > just because of an arbitrary date of an even of some kind, which has no
> > relevance to the project itself.
> >
> > For what it worth, rushing releases (ie a product company way of
> > satisfying a
> > time-boxed effort, aka PM-lust for scheduling) tends to end up in a
> > substantially lower quality of the releases.
> >
> > Cos
> >
> > On Mon, May 16, 2016 at 05:09PM, Dmitriy Setrakyan wrote:
> > > I will be presenting at IMC Summit next week in Bay Area, and it sure
> > would
> > > be nice to talk about 1.6 release and the new features. Would be great
> if
> > > we could send it for vote on Wednesday morning. This would give a
> chance
> > > for the vote to pass by EOD on Friday, if everything is OK.
> > >
> > > D.

> > send

> > final
> > be the