ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Pavel Tupitsyn <ptupit...@gridgain.com>
Subject IgniteCache.invoke on ALL keys
Date Mon, 30 May 2016 11:44:28 GMT
Igniters,

Looks like we do not have an efficient way to perform an action on EVERY
cache entry.

Let's say I want to remove all entries that match a predicate.
My only option is to retrieve these entries via Scan or SQL query, and then
call removeAll.
This involves a lot of unnecessary network trips (send keys to caller node,
send them back to primary nodes).

Would it be possible to implement a method like
void IgniteCache.invokeAll(entryProcessor)
that invokes the processor on all entries and does not return anything?
There could be more overloads that return results or only return results
for changed entries.

Thoughts?

Pavel.