ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Myles Baker <mylesdanielba...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Introduction and Contribution Help
Date Fri, 13 May 2016 17:17:41 GMT
Good afternoon Dmitriy,

Thank you for the warm welcome. I should be able to knock out this issue and send you a PR
by the end of the day (or maybe the weekend). I cannot assign this issue to myself in JIRA
yet. Should I just worry about that after I’ve implemented the fix?

Thanks,
Myles

> On May 13, 2016, at 12:18 AM, Dmitriy Setrakyan <dsetrakyan@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Hi Myles,
>
> Welcome to the Ignite community!
>
> How about this ticket? Looks like it could be a good entry point one:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-1794 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-1794>
>
> D.
>
> On Wed, May 11, 2016 at 6:58 AM, Myles Baker <mylesdanielbaker@gmail.com <mailto:mylesdanielbaker@gmail.com>>
wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I just wanted to introduce myself - I am interested in Ignite and have been lurking for
a while. I’ve been working in high performance computing for my entire career, starting
at NASA followed by working at software companies and providing consulting services. I deal
with data problems daily and appreciate data grids for scalability and performance challenges.

> So, the next step for my interest in Ignite is to start contributing to the project and
understanding it at a deeper level technically. I’ve been following the  <http://a <http://a/>%20href=https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/IGNITE/How+to+Contribute#HowtoContribute-Workflow
<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/IGNITE/How+to+Contribute#HowtoContribute-Workflow>>instructions
for contributing <http://a <http://a/> href=https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/IGNITE/How+to+Contribute#HowtoContribute-Workflow
<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/IGNITE/How+to+Contribute#HowtoContribute-Workflow>>,
but I'm having trouble finding a good entry point for me to start contributing. I found a
few newbie tickets that might be a good place to start: IGNITE-2049 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-2049
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-2049>> and IGNITE-2895 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-2895
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-2895>>. However, these either use specific
systems that I can’t test or reference the EA process, which I’m unfamiliar with.