ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Myles Baker <mylesdanielba...@gmail.com>
Subject Introduction and Contribution Help
Date Wed, 11 May 2016 13:58:09 GMT
Hi all,

I just wanted to introduce myself - I am interested in Ignite and have been lurking for a
while. I’ve been working in high performance computing for my entire career, starting at
NASA followed by working at software companies and providing consulting services. I deal with
data problems daily and appreciate data grids for scalability and performance challenges.

So, the next step for my interest in Ignite is to start contributing to the project and understanding
it at a deeper level technically. I’ve been following the  <http://a%20href=https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/IGNITE/How+to+Contribute#HowtoContribute-Workflow>instructions
for contributing <http://a href=https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/IGNITE/How+to+Contribute#HowtoContribute-Workflow>,
but I'm having trouble finding a good entry point for me to start contributing. I found a
few newbie tickets that might be a good place to start: IGNITE-2049 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-2049>
and IGNITE-2895 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-2895>. However, these
either use specific systems that I can’t test or reference the EA process, which I’m unfamiliar
with.

Any opinions? Other tickets that might be a better entry point for someone who has programmed
in the JVM before?

Thanks,
Myles