ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Alexey Goncharuk <alexey.goncha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Data lost when using write-behind
Date Mon, 18 Apr 2016 18:23:17 GMT
Denis,

Updates are always queued on primary nodes when write-behind is enabled,
regardless of atomicity mode. This is required because otherwise updates
can be written to the database in a wrong order.

We did not queue database updates on backups because we did not have a
mechanism that would allow us to track which updates have been written to
the database and which are not. Now that we have a partition counter that
is already used in continuous queries failover, it can also be reused for
write-behind ACKs.

I thought we had a ticket for this. I will re-check if this is true, and
will create if it is not there yet.