ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Roman Shtykh <rsht...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: Introduce generic server configuration.
Date Tue, 12 Apr 2016 07:21:46 GMT
+1 for such a bean.
-Roman

    On Monday, April 11, 2016 11:48 PM, Vladimir Ozerov <vozerov@gridgain.com> wrote:

 Igniters,

We have several public components which use *GridNioServer* internally. NIO
server has several properties for fine tuning. Selector count, direct
buffer flag, max queue size, send/receive buffer sizes, etc..

And in every public component we have separate getters/setters to pass
values to NIO server. E.g. look at *TcpCommunicatinoSpi*,
*ConnectorConfiguration
*and *SocketStreamer*. They all have similar properties.

Now we have ODBC component which also use *GridNioServer*. I do not want to
expose these properties through getters/setters because it will make
*OdbConfiguration* very complex. Instead, I have an idea to introduce new
bean *ServerConfiguration *which will have all these fine-grained
properties. Later this bean could be re-used in other components which work
with NIO server.

This way component configuration will be very simple and straightforward
when user do not want to tune NIO server. And I think this is the most
common use case. Simple config fox common case, complex config for complex
case.

Thoughts?

Vladimir.