ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Valentin Kulichenko <valentin.kuliche...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Binary comparator
Date Tue, 01 Mar 2016 21:56:32 GMT
Andrey,

Any comparable object can be used as a field. You can execute a query like
'my_object > ?' and provide the instance of the object as an argument. Of
course, this is not something that everyone does, but it can be useful in
some cases. And now it's fully supported with JDK or optimized
serialization, but not with binary format.

I agree with all points, the simple approach doesn't really work here. And
I like the idea of a string-based configuration, I will try to provide
design in the ticket.

-Val