ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Denis Magda <dma...@gridgain.com>
Subject Pre-loading entry from a persistent store after it has been evicted/expired/removed+skipStore
Date Thu, 31 Mar 2016 08:16:40 GMT
Igniters,

Let's say that we have the following task. Due to RAM memory constraints
we need to evict entries from a cache.
Presently it can be done with:
1) eviction to swap;
2) expire policy;
3) eviction policy;
4) remove(key) + withSkipStore;

After an entry gets evicted from cache we may need to get it in the
future using cache.get(...) operation.
I've tried to use approaches 2, 3, 4 in conjunction with a persistent
store but the store never gets called when I try to get an entry that
was evicted before.
Is this considered behavior? Don't we want to improve the situation
around here?

Approach #1 sure works fine and I don't need a persistent storage there.
But actually there can be big data set of old, historical entries that
were evicted and I want avoid iteration over them when SQL, Scan or any
other kind of queries is executed.

--
Denis