ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Denis Magda <dma...@gridgain.com>
Subject Switching back to review-then-commit process
Date Thu, 03 Mar 2016 11:54:54 GMT
Igniters,

I would propose to switch back to review-then-commit process. This
process has to be followed by both contributors and committers.

There is a reason for this I have in mind. Ignite is a complex platform
with several big modules. Some of the people may be experts in module A
while others in module B etc.
If a committer, who is good in module A, makes changes in module B
merging the changes without a review this can break module's B internal
functionality that the committer didn't take into account.

My proposal is to introduce a list of maintainers for every Ignite
module like it's done in Spark [1] and a rule that will require a
committer to get an approval from a module maintainer before merging
changes.

Thoughts?

--
Denis