ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Konstantin Boudnik <...@apache.org>
Subject readme.io (again)
Date Mon, 07 Mar 2016 21:48:01 GMT
I was looking at something in the Ignite docs and have noticed that the
content of the documentation is starting drifting all over the internet now.
The case in point is that the images are now hosted on something called
filepicker.io.

That brings back the whole discussion about not originating the documentation
of the project from from the ASF premises. In fact, the very issue we were
discussing multiple times during the incubation, but never got a closure with
it IIRC. Have we gotten any sort of the readme.io team to facilitate the
export/import documentation markup to/from their service into ASF git?

My concern here, is that if the current course is kept as it is then we are
going to see the content of the project spread thin all over the places. Which,
potentially, might have consequences we'll have to deal with. Thoughts?

--
Take care,
	Cos

         ---- Wisdom of the hour ----