ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Artem Shutak <ashu...@gridgain.com>
Subject Re: Full API coverage enhancement
Date Wed, 03 Feb 2016 15:40:43 GMT
Dmitriy,

Actually, I don't have a list with all the permutations.

At first, we need to split in our discussion test cases and Ignite
configuration which should be covered.

For example, new Full Api test cases for cache are based on old Full Api
test cases. So, it need to think what the test cases was not covered before.

About Ignite configurations, I'm going to add permutation for each
IgniteConfiguration and CacheConfiguration property.

By the way, the jira contains the following list of permutation (feel free
to add something):

The following tests should be added (for functional blocks):

   1. Interceptor
   2. Queries: continuous, scan, SQL, fields and text queries.
   3. cache events
   4. We should also test with Serializable, Externalizable, and plain
   Pojos for keys and values.
   5. The Pojo in the above test should contain an enum value
   6. We should also test Enums as keys and Enums as values
   7. All operations should have single-key and multi-key operations

New tests should cover all combinations for following properties:

   1. cache modes
   2. operation from client nodes and server nodes
   3. store enabled/disabled
   4. evicts sycn/non-sync
   5. eviction policies
   6. near on/off
   7. marshallers (+ Binary marshaller with different mappers)
   8. keys and values - externalizable, serializable, binaryzable, "none of
   previous"
   9. classes available on servers: true/false
   10. Peer loading on/off
   11. Affinity functions
   12. expiry policies

Thanks,