ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Igor Sapego <isap...@gridgain.com>
Subject Integrity tests for the ODBC driver.
Date Mon, 01 Feb 2016 21:48:08 GMT
Hi Igniters,

I'm currently working on the ODBC driver implementation [1].
There are already unit tests that basically test separate classes but
I believe they are not enough for good test coverage. If we really
want to have a good coverage we need some integrity tests that
would create some caches, populate them with some test data and
then run SQL queries on this data using ODBC API.

The problem is that to run such kind of test we need to install this
ODBC driver and to run tests automatically on TC we need to install
driver automatically. On Linux it can be done by scripts and on Windows
the only way I could find to install ODBC driver is by editing registry.
It's not a problem to write a script that edits registry so currently this
is the plan for Windows.

Does anyone has any objections or suggestions?

Best Regards,
Igor