ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Dood@ODDO <oddodao...@gmail.com>
Subject Async and sync ops in IgniteQueue and IgniteSet implementations
Date Fri, 12 Feb 2016 19:07:53 GMT
Hello all,

This may be a very dumb question (and feel free to "reprimand" me ;-)
but I will ask it anyways.

I am working on https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-1144 and
one of the comments on the submitted code was that I marked both methods
I am implemented as @IgniteAsyncSupported but I never actually provided
an async implementation. All my methods do is call on methods already
implemented in IgniteCompute.java (after verifying that the methods are
called on data structures that are collocated) and my assumption was
that the methods being called are already implemented in async/sync
versions. Specifically, these methods are affinityRun() and affinityCall().

Furthermore, I noticed the following comment in IgniteQueue.java, for
example:
""* All queue operations have synchronous and asynchronous counterparts."".

However, after looking at all the implementations of IgniteQueue
interface in the code base, I could not find any actual implementations
of asynchronous calls on any methods of queue or set. Am I just missing
something really basic?

Thanks!