ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Andrey Kornev <andrewkor...@hotmail.com>
Subject IgniteBinary, POJOs and indexing
Date Fri, 08 Jan 2016 17:02:07 GMT
Hello, Ignite Community,

IgniteBinary javadocs mention the ability to dynamically change the structure of the "classes"
without restarting the cluster. The javadocs even say that the new fields become automatically
available to the SQL queries with no extra effort. It's all fine and dandy, but how can I
tell Ignite that some of the new fields should also be indexed?

Using the example from the same javadocs, my binary object initially has two field A and B.
I configure the cache entry metadata to index the field A and then create the cache. When
later I change the structure by adding a new field C, how can I tell Ignite that I now want
only fields B and C to be included in the index?

Related to above,  is there any way to modify the indexes after the cache has been started?
In this case I do not modify the structure of the class, but rather change which fields get
indexed, the sorting properties, etc.

Finally, how about introducing new POJO classes at runtime (yes, I can do it -- I run in OSGi
environment)? For example, at the cache creation time the cache metadata only had the POJOA
class annotated to index its field "foo", and then later the user introduces a new POJOB class
annotated to index its field "bar". Would POJOB start getting indexed automatically, or the
user will be given the finger?

Any input will be very much appreciated!
Andrey