ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Artem Shutak <ashu...@gridgain.com>
Subject Re: Binary ID mapper that uses a simple name of classes.
Date Wed, 20 Jan 2016 12:01:04 GMT
Dmitriy, thanks for reminding me about this thread.

According to found issues in process of working on IGNITE-2191, it was
decided to add new entity BinaryNameMapper (in addition to BinaryIdMapper)
as a property of BinaryConfiguration. So, we will have the same
configuration as we already have for .Net.

So, we need to confirm names for BinaryNameMapper and BinaryIdMapper. I
propose the following:

- BinarySimpleNameMapper / SimpleClassNameBinaryNameMapper /
BinarySimpleClassNameMapper - returns simple name of class.
- BinaryFullNameMapper / BinaryNoopNameMapper / NoopBinaryNameMapper /
BinaryOriginalNameMapper / StraightBinaryNameMapper - returns name without
changes.
- BinaryLowerCaseIdMapper - it was BinaryInternalIdMapper.
- BinaryStraightIdMapper - calculate hash code for given strings.

I would chose BinarySimpleClassNameMapper, BinaryOriginalNameMapper,
BinaryLowerCaseIdMapper and BinaryStraightIdMapper names.

Thanks,
-- Artem --

On Wed, Jan 20, 2016 at 1:46 AM, Dmitriy Setrakyan <dsetrakyan@apache.org>
wrote:

> Artem, what name do you plan to give to the BinaryInternalIdMapper?
>
> On Fri, Jan 15, 2016 at 1:52 AM, Artem Shutak <ashutak@gridgain.com>
> wrote:
>
> > All Binary-related classes start from Binary. So, it's not consistent.
> >
> > We should chose between *BinarySimpleNameIdMapper* and
> > *BinarySimpleClassNameIdMapper*.
> >
> > Also, I'd like to move default *BinaryInternalIdMapper* to public package
> > (that uses full class name) and rename him accordingly. Any objections?
> >
> > -- Artem --
> >
> > On Thu, Jan 14, 2016 at 11:21 PM, Dmitriy Setrakyan <
> dsetrakyan@apache.org
> > >
> > wrote:

> > > Is it consistent? Do we have other classes in the same package that
> start
> > > with word Binary? If not, then I agree.

> ashutak@gridgain.com>

bug.