ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Alexey Goncharuk <alexey.goncha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Need help with JIRA ticket
Date Tue, 05 Jan 2016 10:43:39 GMT
Hi Chandresh,

I cannot point out any specifics related to python because I have no
background in it, however I think I can give you a couple of starting
points. You can take a look at how python RDD API is implemented in Spark
and how Java Ignite RDD interacts with Scala Ignite RDD
(classes org.apache.ignite.spark.IgniteRDD
and org.apache.ignite.spark.JavaIgniteRDD).

The obvious difficulty that may appear here is that Ignite by itself does
not have native python API (yet). Given that since 1.5 we have .NET and C++
support with a common native module, it should be fairly easy to add native
python support for Ignite if required, however this is the part that needs
to be investigated.

As for the development/contribution process, it is described here:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/IGNITE/How+to+Contribute

Hope this helps,
AG