ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Dmitriy Setrakyan <dsetrak...@apache.org>
Subject supporting collection indexes
Date Thu, 21 Jan 2016 02:39:56 GMT
Igniters,

I would like us to consider support for indexes into collections (lists,
sets) for object fields. I think we can support it by storing collections
internally in a separate cache and create a special index for it.

For example:

   - Create special type of index annotation and config for inner
   collections
   - Internally, store collection as an additional table with a synthetic
   foreign key.
   - Have user explicitly do a join between 2 tables when he needs to
   select something

The only question I still have is how to handle modifications to
collections. Our current cache access approach would require user to clone
a collection whenever adding or removing elements in it, which can get
quite expensive.

Thoughts?

D.