ignite-dev mailing list archives

From 李玉珏 <18624049...@163.com>
Subject Re: Re: About IgniteAtomicSequence
Date Thu, 21 Jan 2016 06:59:55 GMT
Hi:

I in a very old machine simple to do the test, if open reserv mechanism,
the ID generation speed can reach 50K/s. If turn off reserv mechanism,
the performance will be dropped to 13K/s, performance degradation is
very obvious, but off reserv will enable ID increase linearly with
time, this aspect of the advantages and disadvantages can allow
developers to choose their own.

In addition, the performance of IgniteAtomicSequence may related to the
performance of cache nodes, therefore,AtomicConfiguration, whether it is
necessary to add an attribute, similar nodeFilter such, let developers
control a distributed datastructure cache deployed on the nodes with
high performance.

Sent from Mail Master

On 2016-01-20 04:29 , Dmitriy Setrakyan Wrote:

The performance of AtomicSequence is very good as most of the operations
are local. The way it works is that it will reserve a range of numbers by
sending a request, but then will return all new IDs locally, until the
reserved range is exhausted.

More information here:
https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/id-generator

D.