ignite-dev mailing list archives

From 李玉珏@163 <18624049...@163.com>
Subject about AtomicConfiguration
Date Wed, 13 Jan 2016 13:09:24 GMT
Hi:

About AtomicConfiguration, I found the following issue:

Configuration of node 1:

AtomicConfiguration atomicCfg = new AtomicConfiguration();
atomicCfg.setBackups(1);
atomicCfg.setAtomicSequenceReserveSize(0);

IgniteConfiguration cfg = new IgniteConfiguration();
cfg.setAtomicConfiguration(atomicCfg);
Ignite ignite = Ignition.start(cfg);

Configuration of node 2:

Ignite ignite = Ignition.start();

Then there will be the following error:

Only two nodes are configured in the same configuration to successfully
start up。

AtomicConfiguration is the global configuration of the start, can not be
set dynamically after the start, and can not be set for a single sequence。

CacheConfiguration can be configured separately, and can be dynamically
configured by ignite.getOrCreateCache(CacheConfiguration) after startup.

I think AtomicConfiguration's design is not reasonable。
I propose to merge the three parameters of the atomicSequence method
with the AtomicConfiguration, and then add one:
Ignite.atomicSequence (AtomicConfiguration) method.

Or communitity can consider a more elegant approach.