ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Konstantin Boudnik <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Jira Process Change
Date Sat, 16 Jan 2016 07:53:43 GMT
On Wed, Jan 13, 2016 at 07:14AM, Dmitriy Setrakyan wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 13, 2016 at 2:46 AM, Yakov Zhdanov <yzhdanov@apache.org> wrote:
>
> > Cos and all,
> >
> > I changed column title to "Maintainer". This fits better.
> >
> > Now we need to agree on release manager for 1.6. I think I can do it for
> > 1.6, then we can try rotating between PMCs.
> >

> I think, any committer should be allowed to take on RM duties, not only PMC
> members.

Locally, _any_ contributor might be an RM. But technically it is hard to do
because the release needs to be signed and usually contributors aren't a part
of WOT, so no one in sane mind would believe in the GPG signature like that.

But speaking about realities: the only real requirement is that a release has
_at least_ 3 PMC +1 votes on it (legally bound requirement); and of course the
publishing could be only done by a PMC member.

It is a good idea to rotate the duty and let everyone to taste and test the
process. Usually it catches enormous amount of bugs in the release docs and
help to build better automation.

Cos