ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Ognen Duzlevski <ognen.duzlev...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Ignite-1.5 Release
Date Tue, 01 Dec 2015 00:37:17 GMT
On Mon, Nov 30, 2015 at 12:39 PM, Raul Kripalani <raulk@apache.org> wrote:

> We have opposite views here. To me, early access versions are ephemeral.
> They are only legit until the final version is released. By doing that, you
> run the risk that "forgetful" users who once tried an EA, keep using it
> forever even after GA is released.

Apache Ignite is a product for professionals - engineers etc. If someone
"forgets" that their production is running the EA version, well, they need
to look for a different profession ;). Comparing it to Windows 12 EA is
silly, IMHO, since most people using Windows are technically not at the
same level, they are far below.

My $.02.