ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Alexey Kuznetsov <akuznet...@gridgain.com>
Subject Re: Dynamic caches creation
Date Wed, 23 Dec 2015 07:00:22 GMT
>>Basically, I am trying to think of how to make this whole thing more
>>user-friendly and less middleware developers oriented. Wouldn't it be
great if
>>a user can load some external data and immediately start playing with it
and
>>doing some OLAP or even - oh horror :) - OLTP on it?

I will describe how this could be done with Visor GUI from GridGain (based
on Ignite).
In Visor GUI you can start any cache from UI by specifying XML description
of cache.
User can specify JDBC POJO Store factory in XML cache description.
And in special dialog "Load from store" load any data into cache from RDBMS
using "select .. from ... where ..." queries.
After that user can go to SQL tab and perform any SQL queries on loaded
data.
But this require that data sources beans should be already described in
nodes XML configs in order to specify data source bean name in store
factory.

You may implement in you app smth. like I described, all needed
functionality available in Ignite.

In your app instead of RDBM you may load data from another source.

--
Alexey Kuznetsov
GridGain Systems