ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Raul Kripalani <ra...@apache.org>
Subject Re: OSGi integration ready for review
Date Thu, 03 Dec 2015 12:29:29 GMT
On Thu, Dec 3, 2015 at 9:20 AM, Romain Gilles <romain.gilles@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Some times maven-bundle-plugin can have side effect on
> split package but I hope Raul has already checked it.

Not sure which side effect you mean. But anyway, the maven-bundle-plugin
has several goals. There is a goal to delegate packaging to the plugin by
using the "bundle" packaging, but I have not used that.
We just invoke the manifest goal of the plugin to generate the MANIFEST.MF,
and then we package the manifest into the JAR.

The only things I mention to Raul is to double check that the user class
> loader (here Raul provide an OSGi aware user classloader) is used every
> where in the serialization process:
>  - Binary marshaller (new)
>  - Optimized marshaller (old)

Correct. It was my reading of the source code that the user-set classloader
(Ignite#setClassLoader) was not used in some cases (IGNITE-1930). But
during my tests where I used the default marshaller with 1.5.0 (Binary
Marshaller – Romain sorry for the confusion in Skype), I faced no issues
for basic use cases. However, creating unit tests for OSGi is not a simple
task and that's why I'd like to release this out to the public, so that
everyone who's interested in OSGi can give it a spin with their use cases.
As I said in IGNITE-1930, the usage of classloaders inside Ignite is choppy
and should be improved to ensure that the user-set classloader is always
used if set.

We can declare OSGi functionality as "preview" – that would make me, and
probably others, comfortable.

Regards,

*Raúl Kripalani*
PMC & Committer @ Apache Ignite, Apache Camel | Integration, Big Data and