ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Pavel Tupitsyn <ptupit...@gridgain.com>
Subject Re: ASP.NET SignalR?
Date Wed, 30 Dec 2015 09:59:26 GMT
I agree with Yakov. I have used SignalR before, but I can't see how and
what can we integrate with Ignite.
It is a messaging framework mostly used for web push notifications. If
someone wants so push Ignite data to web clients, it can be done in a
matter of minutes with SignalR, no integration required.

We have more important integrations on our plate, such as Entity Framework
& NHibernate caches, LINQ provider, etc (JIRA tickets exist).

Thanks,

On Wed, Dec 30, 2015 at 12:55 PM, Yakov Zhdanov <yzhdanov@apache.org> wrote:

> I don't think we should. At least for now.
>
> From what I see signalR apps can communicate well with their servers, which
> I guess can be implemented in .Net only and we have native API for .net.
> So, anyone can easily use Ignite from signalR apps. That's why I would
> postpone this.
>
> --Yakov

> > Should we think about integrating our .NET/C# edition with Microsoft
> > ASP.NET
> > SignalR library?
> >
> > http://www.asp.net/signalr
> >
> > D.