ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Yakov Zhdanov <yzhda...@apache.org>
Subject Re: OSGi integration ready for review
Date Thu, 03 Dec 2015 11:12:30 GMT
Raul, I did review as well. I added my comments to the ticket and committed
some changes to ignite-1270.

Given that this feature is desperately desired, can we merge it to 1.5? To
do that you can squash all the differences between 1270 and master and pick
that commit to ignite-1.5. If someone knows better way to do this, please
let us know.

I think 1.5-final can be released in 2 weeks, i.e. around Dec, 18.

--Yakov

> Hi Igniters,
> I did the review. I term of impact the Raul commits change the manifest of
> the overall produced jar files to introduce OSGi specific headers. This
> will not impact original ignite usage as OSGi headers does are only for
> OSGi environments. Some times maven-bundle-plugin can have side effect on
> split package but I hope Raul has already checked it.
> Then in term of code Raul has only added new project and code. He didn't
> modify a single line of code in the already existing project therefore it
> should not impact the existing code has it didn't touch it.
> The only things I mention to Raul is to double check that the user class
> loader (here Raul provide an OSGi aware user classloader) is used every
> where in the serialization process:
>  - Binary marshaller (new)
>  - Optimized marshaller (old)
> But here again it is just to make sure that in OSGi environment the new
> feature provided by Raul will work without bad surprise it doesn't impact
> the existing code.
>

> Other than that it is a great feature and I'm excited to be able to use it!
>
> Romain.
>
> PS: some enhancement will be added in the future as discussed in the jira
> ticket during the review. But it is an iterative approach and for now what
> is provide is enough to start!
>
> Le jeu. 3 déc. 2015 à 02:43, Dmitriy Setrakyan <dsetrakyan@apache.org> a
> écrit :
>
> > Guys,
> >
> > Should we try to review and merge the OSGI integration before the final
> > release? it does sound like it is additive and should not affect other
> > functionality.
> >
> > My preference would be to get it in, so other OSGI-related integrations
> > (e.g. Camel) would not have to wait for 1.6.
> >
> > Thoughts?
> > D.
> >
> > On Mon, Nov 30, 2015 at 11:48 PM, Anton Vinogradov <
> > avinogradov@gridgain.com
> > > wrote:
> >
> > > Raul,
> > >
> > > I've added 1.6 space as a copy of 1.5.
> > > But I gain no results at OSGi search.
> > > Could you please specify what pages should be removed from 1.5 or
> revome
> > > them by yourself?

> but
> > do