ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Valentin Kulichenko <valentin.kuliche...@gmail.com>
Subject GridCacheIoManager.processFailedMessage() method
Date Thu, 03 Dec 2015 05:31:55 GMT
Igniters,

Can someone please explain the purpose
of GridCacheIoManager.processFailedMessage() method? I've already seen
several reports on user@ about "Unsupported direct type" exception thrown
from this method and each time we just add processing for one more message.

In my opinion this approach is not generic and therefore error-prone. Also
this exception discards original 'cacheMsg.classError()' error and is never
sent to the client, just being logged on the server node.

Is there a more generic solution for this? At the very least I would change
the default behavior to send class error to the client so that user is
properly notified.

Thoughts?

-Val