ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Alexey Goncharuk <alexey.goncha...@gmail.com>
Subject keepBinaryInStore
Date Thu, 10 Dec 2015 14:01:50 GMT
Igniters,

We introduced a cache configuration property keepBinaryInStore which was
meant to determine the way persisted objects are passed to the store. This
flag overrides the value of withKeepBinary() projection flag, i.e. the
current behavior is:

withKeepBinary=false, keepBinaryInStore=false, store receives Deserialized
values
withKeepBinary=true, keepBinaryInStore=false, store receives Deserialized
values
withKeepBinary=false, keepBinaryInStore=true, store receives BinaryObjects
withKeepBinary=true, keepBinaryInStore=true, store receives BinaryObjects

However, from the -b1 user feedback it looks like this configuration
property and behavior is confusing. I think it makes sense to remove the
configuration property and rely solely on the projection flag, i.e.

withKeepBinary=false, store receives Deserialized values
withKeepBinary=true, store receives BinaryObjects

which is much simpler to understand.

Am I missing something?

--AG