ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Sergi Vladykin <sergi.vlady...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: EA versioning
Date Sun, 06 Dec 2015 08:30:06 GMT
Cos and Brane,

This issue arised not from our feeling of beautiful, but from practical
reasons,
namely we need to conform existing Maven and OSGi version models at the
same time.

We did not invent Maven or OSGi, but if we want to play with them well,
we have to keep in mind their own quirks and bad design decisions,
when choosing how our versions will look like.

Cos,

JDK and Linux kernel are bad examples here exactly because
they were free to choose any good or bad versioning they want,
we are not that free.

Could you please clarify what exactly happened with HBase?
And why do you think we will have the same problems?

Sergi