ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Denis Magda <dma...@gridgain.com>
Subject Re: Missing ways to get access to Ignite CacheEntry
Date Wed, 16 Dec 2015 10:33:54 GMT
Hi Romain,

As the current documentation of org.apache.ignite.cache.CacheEntry
states it's possible to get a reference to CacheEntry and its version
only for methods that are executed over local data set stored on a node.
Among such methods are invoke & invokeAll and randomEntry.

You probably can get a CacheEntry and its non null version when a cache
iterator is in use but the version will be 'null', as far as I remember,
for those entries that are loaded from remote nodes.
Presently Ignite doesn't transfer the version from remote nodes as a
part of response by perform reasons.

Please elaborate more on your particular use case and what API you would
like to add in order to support it.

--
Denis