ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Roman Shtykh <rsht...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: Ignoring a node as a Service Grid deployment candidate
Date Mon, 07 Dec 2015 02:26:14 GMT
Denis,

What will happen if node B becomes a deployment target due to topology changes?

Thanks,
Roman

On Sunday, December 6, 2015 5:17 PM, Denis Magda <dmagda@gridgain.com> wrote:
Igniters,

Presently every node that is a part of a cluster listens for Service
Grid assignment changes in order to find out whether a service has to be
deployed on it or not.

However, there is a possible case when a node is not considered to be a
target for service A at all during its lifetime. But the node has to
have a class definition of service A in its classpath in any case just
to check whether it's a target one or not.
In big cluster with many unrelated clients this can be an annoying thing
to take care of.

My understanding is that it makes sense to implement "all or nothing"
like approach for Service Grid cause it's the most easiest and
straightforward.
If a service is considered to be deployed on node A at some point of
time then node A has to have  class definitions of all the services in
its classpath.
On the other hand if node B is not considered to be a deployment target
for any service then it will be excluded from services deployment
related logic. We can add a special parameter to IgniteConfiguration to
address this.

What do you think on this approach? If we want to support more flexible
configurations lets go ahead and discuss them here.

--
Denis