ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Andrey Kornev <andrewkor...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: OSGi migration may require a special marshaller
Date Tue, 10 Nov 2015 19:23:43 GMT
Raul,

Could you please be a bit more specific about the nature of your disagreement? Is the proposed
SPI not generic enough? Or, is it just the naming?

As per Romain's suggestion, could you please just make sure the SPI is hooked into the new
marshalling implementation and  a no-op codec implementation is available in time for the
1.5 release? This would be the first step toward full OSGi support in 1.6.

Thanks
Andrey

> From: raulk@apache.org
> Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2015 18:22:59 +0000
> Subject: Re: OSGi migration may require a special marshaller
> To: dev@ignite.apache.org
>
> Hi Romain,
>
> The implementation I have in mind won't be costly. I'm working on it this
> week.
>
> I still don't agree with a ClassLoaderCodec SPI as-is. If we create an SPI
> it should be for more generic hinting applicable in other circumstances
> during serialisation with other frameworks and what not.
>
> Otherwise, we should not create a pluggable SPI at all and simply implement
> an option. As a matter of fact, with the last solution I proposed I don't
> think there will be any edge cases at all where users would need to create
> their own "ClassLoaderCodec" at all.
>
> Regards,
>
> *Raúl Kripalani*
> PMC & Committer @ Apache Ignite, Apache Camel | Integration, Big Data and
> Messaging Engineer
> http://about.me/raulkripalani | http://www.linkedin.com/in/raulkripalani
> http://blog.raulkr.net | twitter: @raulvk
>
> On Tue, Nov 10, 2015 at 3:06 PM, Romain Gilles <romain.gilles@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > To be honest Raoul, I'm more interesting in the interface (SPI) declaration
> > than the implementation. If you can do it for the 1.5 I'm ok. Otherwise I
> > ready to start it by introducing the interface and implementing the dummy
> > version for non OSGi environment.
> >
> > It will free me to implement a temporary OSGi version by the time you are
> > done with the overall IGNITE-1270 tasks.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Romain
> >
> > Le mar. 10 nov. 2015 à 15:42, Raul Kripalani <raul@evosent.com> a écrit
:

> > > Hi Romain,
> > >
> > > If you don't mind, I'm working on the entire OSGi integration including
> > the
> > > serialisation technique.
> > >
> > > I'll ping you if I need help.
> > >
> > > Thanks for your collaboration,