ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Raul Kripalani <ra...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Check Ignite code base with Findbugs.
Date Fri, 13 Nov 2015 17:19:12 GMT
On Fri, Nov 13, 2015 at 4:51 PM, Alexey Kuznetsov <akuznetsov@gridgain.com>
wrote:

> Raul, I'm afraid it will produce 100500 false-positive warnings.

Yep, it's likely.

I think we need to investigate what will be generated by FB tune it and

then decide to include it or not into maven build.

Exactly. We should do a trial run, tune the configuration and include it
once we have no warnings. That would be our baseline.

I'm not sure what the benefit of FindBugs will be in the long-run, though.
I like the idea as long as it brings more benefits rather than hindrances.
Ignite's codebase is quite special. If we find that FB is too prone to
report false positives for us, we might as well discard the idea
altogether.

If we do find a few bugs thanks to it during our baseline runs, then I'm
all for it.

> Or may be we could have it as optional step (it is possible?).

Yep, doable through a Maven profile.

Regards,
*Raúl Kripalani*
PMC & Committer @ Apache Ignite, Apache Camel | Integration, Big Data and