ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Raul Kripalani <ra...@apache.org>
Subject Re: OSGi Manifest headers and feature repository pushed (IGNITE-1527)
Date Wed, 11 Nov 2015 11:41:28 GMT
Hey Dmitriy,

On Wed, Nov 11, 2015 at 1:52 AM, Dmitriy Setrakyan <dsetrakyan@apache.org>
wrote:

> Can you please describe again the philosophy between choosing a fragment or
> a bundle for Ignite dependencies. I couldn’t fully grasp it from your
> explanation.

Yes, sorry, I was somewhat brief (it was late here ;-)). The policy I've
followed is to create bundles as a first preference. I've resorted to
fragments in the following circumstances:
* Split package situation, e.g. package
org.apache.ignite.internal.processors.query.h2.opt, exported by several
modules with different contents.
* Dynamic discovery, e.g. the one that takes place in
IgniteH2Indexing#createH2SpatialIndex. Since we cannot resolve this
situation using a package import (because there would be multiple bundles
exporting that package), therefore by using a fragment we are injecting
these classes into the class-space in the host bundle.
* Modules offering the components listed in IgniteComponentType, which are
discovered dynamically.

Modules that are represented as fragments are: geospatial, indexing, jta,
spring, ssh.

*Raúl Kripalani*
PMC & Committer @ Apache Ignite, Apache Camel | Integration, Big Data and
Messaging Engineer