ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Raul Kripalani <ra...@apache.org>
Subject OSGi Manifest headers and feature repository pushed (IGNITE-1527)
Date Wed, 11 Nov 2015 00:17:34 GMT
Hi all,

Just to inform you that I've pushed the POM changes to generate the OSGi
Manifest for all Java modules except: gce, cloud, hadoop, log4j2, spark,
yarn, mesos, as the prove a bit more difficult for different reasons each.

Some modules are bundles (e.g. mqtt, zookeeper, kafka, etc.) while others
are fragments (indexing, jta, geospatial, spring, ssh). The criteria to
choose between bundle or fragment was whether or not the module contained
internal processors that ignite-code would have to discover.

I also created a features repository under modules/osgi-karaf/features.

If you perform a complete build of the ignite-1527 branch, you should be
able to install the different modules via the features repository. It has
been tested against Karaf 4.0.2:

    karaf@root()> feature:repo-add
mvn:org.apache.ignite/ignite-osgi-karaf-features/1.5.0-SNAPSHOT/xml/features
    karaf@root()> feature:install ignite-core
    karaf@root()> feature:install ignite-mqtt

The ignite-log4j feature spits out a strange message which I'll debug
tomorrow.

Regards,

*Raúl Kripalani*
PMC & Committer @ Apache Ignite, Apache Camel | Integration, Big Data and