ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Raul Kripalani <ra...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Branch deletion prohibited
Date Mon, 23 Nov 2015 20:03:43 GMT
On Mon, Nov 23, 2015 at 3:13 AM, Konstantin Boudnik <cos@apache.org> wrote:

> Thanks! I already have sent email to the board where this discussion is
> going
> right now. Hopefully, this ban will be lifted soon.

Nice, thanks, Cos! Please keep us informed of their progress on protecting
branches. Maybe repos could have a special branch: .protection with a file
protected_branches.txt, where the project lists which heads should be
protected. The Git server would need a hook to check whether a given branch
deletion is permitted or not, based on that file.

*RaĂșl Kripalani*
PMC & Committer @ Apache Ignite, Apache Camel | Integration, Big Data and
Messaging Engineer
http://about.me/raulkripalani | http://www.linkedin.com/in/raulkripalani