ignite-dev mailing list archives

From Raul Kripalani <ra...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ignite-platform module
Date Thu, 12 Nov 2015 20:11:54 GMT
On Thu, Nov 12, 2015 at 5:23 PM, Dmitriy Setrakyan <dsetrakyan@apache.org>
wrote:

> Vladimir, I think it is unclear how one approach is better than the other
> apart from just being different. I would avoid undertaking this type of
> restructuring unless we have a really compelling reason.

I need three modules for OSGi:

* ignite-osgi-support => provides an IgniteOsgiHelper in a manner similar
to IgniteSpringHelper.
* ignite-osgi-karaf-features => a Maven module of POM packaging which
simply provides a features.xml for quick installation in Karaf.
* ignite-osgi-paxlogging-fragment => a fragment for Pax Logging that
exposes the extra packages from log4j that Ignite uses
(o.a.log4j.[varia/xml]).

It would clutter the modules folder to have them at that level. So I
suggest:

modules
                      |--------- support
                      |--------- karaf-features